On Sunday, April 19th, Regreen Springfield, and 10 other groups celebrated Earth Day at the Springfield Museums. The event featured informational exhibits, entertainment and other educational activities that highlight the importance of environmental stewardship and conservation.
The day-long Earth Day Festival was held for the 26th year at the Quadrangle and was attended by hundreds of visitors. Regreen Springfield provided information on tree selection and planting tips. The City of Springfield Forestry Division distributed Concolor Fir seedlings to festival attendees.
Other activities and exhibits at the Festival included the following:
- Center for EcoTechnology Renewable Resources Display
- Springfield DPW Recycling Display
- Massachusetts Wildlife Angler Education Program
- Keep Springfield Beautiful Great American Cleanup
- United Water Environmental Services Wastewater Treatment Model
- Springfield Water and Sewer Commission Drinking Water Display
- ECOS (Environmental Center for Our Schools) Exploring Nature & Paper Making Activity